Recently Rihanna attended Chanel’s Haute Couture Fall-Winter 2013-14 launch in Paris rocking a simple yet absolutely glamorous nude makeup look. With this demure look, her flawless skin is complimented by subtle earthy nudes, dewy highlights, and bold lashes.
Here’s a super quick video recreating the look:
I attempted to recreate by accentuating three areas: flawless skin, bold lashes, and nude lips. These three things are the most important components of this look. Flawless skin is of course attributed to a healthy skincare regimen, but also a quality foundation. To recreate this look, I chose a full coverage matte finish foundation using Kat Von D’s Lock It foundation. I also used NYX’s HD concealer to highlight the center of my face.
I went for a subtle contour using Cargo’s Medium bronzer underneath my cheek bones and then blended it out with Benefit’s Hoola matte bronzer around the outer corners of my face.
To add a hint of color to my cheeks, I dusted Benefit”s Dallas box of powder along the apples of my cheeks. Dallas is a very subtle dusty, rose color that is great for adding small outdoor glow pefect for a nude look. THen I added a small pop of pink with Benefit’s Hervana box of powder blush.
Moving to eyes, Rihanna’s eyes follow the same nude theme with a flesh tone lids and faint hints of brown along her crease. I chose to imitate this with Stila’s In The Know matte shadow palette. Here’s a quick breakdown of my method:
- I primed my lids with Benefit’s Stay Don’t Stray shadow primer.
- I patted the light matte tan color WIND all over my eyelid.
- Next I blend the slightly deeper matte tan shade along my crease in a “windshield wiper” motion.
- Finally, I take NYX’s Dance the Tides deep matte brown shadow and blend it into the outer corners of my eyes.
- Taking black liquid eye liner from ELF and draw a thicker line anong my lash line.
- I finish the eyes with black mascara and false eye lashes.
I complete the look with NYX’s matte nude lipstick in Butter . Rihanna’s lips are completely matte nude but I added my own twist with a hint of pink by patting Benefit’s Fauxmance ultra plush lip gloss.