I created this blog about a year and a half ago, and I believe this is actually the first “about me” post I’ve ever created. It feels kind of awkward. I decided to take part in a WordPress sponsored Blogging 101: Zero to Hero to make an effort in improving my writing and my blog overall.
The first assignment is a “who am I and why I’m here” post. So here goes random facts about me in no particular order:
- My name is Whitney
- I love makeup.
- I spend a lot of time watching TV as well as listening to podcasts about my favorite shows.
- I’m 27 years old.
- My favorite food is Salmon.
- Me and Beyonce’ are sisters in my mind.
- Turquoise is my fav color.
- I’d like to think I am a Carrie.
- Strawberry Lemonade can do no wrong.
- I do not trust people who don’t like chocolate
Now that is out the way, here’s a little about “why I am here”:
I originally started this blog as a fun outlet to talk about makeup and beauty products. I worked in the beauty industry for 4 years and I am extremely passionate about it. UglyWhtty the name, is based off the television show Ugly Betty. One of my personal favs. It’s cute and silly, and very easy to remember.
SInce I’ve started blogging I’ve gotten great feedback but I know if I work harder and focus more attention to my site, I know it can grow even more than it has when I started.