I started yesterday morning looking super bleh. I had a early start at 6:30 am, and anticipated having time to get myself together before I went to the shop…that time didn’t come.
In between appointments, I decided to get my life together and throw some makeup on. Almost all of the makeup used in the tutorial is under $10.
Here’s a quick step by step breakdown of what I used and how:
- Correct: First I corrected my dark circles by using an orange toned creme concealer found in the NYX Conceal Correct Conceal palette in dark. I use this color to neutralize my prominent dark circles. I know, I know, why the crap am I using such a dark color? Well, I tried the whole, use a lighter/yellow based color but that just does not cut it for my skin tone. My circles just end up peeking through, so I find using this deeper shade of orange neutralizes/hides them better so that there ready be concealed while using less product.
That palette can be found here.
- Conceal: Next, I cover what I just corrected with a flesh toned concealer from the BH cosmetics Correct and Conceal palette. In the picture, I have one side conceal, and one without the concealer. It can be purchased here.
- Foundation: Here, I just applied my foundation all over, starting at the center and blending out with a damp sponge to create a smooth, natural looking base. I have on Maybelline’s Fitme Matte & Poreless foundation, I wrote a review on it, check it out.
- Contour: Next, I just wanted a natural contour, so using the deepest color from the NYX palette I used in Step 1, I placed a line right under my cheekbones and the outer corners of my five head, and right below my jawline. Then I vigorously blended it out with my damp sponge.
- Highlight: I wasn’t going for an intense highlight, I just placed a yellow based powder under my eyes, along my nose, on my chin and at my jawline. I let it set for a minute then lightly dusted it away.
- This is really step 5b: Makeup Revolution makes an amazing dupe for NARS’ Albatross called Golden Lights. I swept this product along my cheekbones and down my nose.
- Bronze & Blush: I used NARS Orgasm and Bare Minerals Warmth on my cheeks.
- Lips: I layered NYX Liquid Suede in Sandstorm, then Too Faced Melted Metallic lipstick in Debutante on my lips. Here’s a post I made about the NYX Liquid Suede lipsticks.
- Eyelid Primer: I primed my eyelids with Benefit Air Patrol. I’m OBSESSED with this eyelid primer, hands down the best I’ve ever used.
- I recorded myself applying the eyeshadow. The palette I used is BH cosmetics called the Modern Mattes palette. I finished my eyes of with NYC liquid eyeliner and Ardell Wispie lashes.